Tyne & Wear
English Heritage ID: 406725
Risk: Not at risk
- Late C18-early C19.
- Ashlar, rusticated quoins, slate roof.
- Two storeys high.
- Parapets to gable walls with stone copings.
- The main south elevation is of 3 bays, all windows re-glazed.
- The central entrance has a modern gabled porch.
- North elevation, rendered, has an irregular window disposition, all re-glazed.
- Staircase window on this elevation and later 2 storey addition.
- Each gable has a single window lighting the roof space.
- Possibly the only ashlar built house of its period to survive within the former borough.
- Originally a farmhouse.