- Ellison Hall
- Canning Street
- Tyne & Wear
English Heritage ID: 303734
- Hebburn Hall (formerly listed as Ellison Hall Infirmary and St John's 28.5.48 Vicarage) GV II Ellison Hall masonic club.
- Mostly 1790-2, incorporating earlier house in the western part, with some 1819 alterations.
- Possibly by William Newton; alterations by John Dobson; for the Ellison family.
- Sandstone ashlar with Welsh slate roof.
- U-shaped plan.
- 3 storeys, 9 windows to garden front, 5 to each return.
- South elevation to garden : pedimented central 3-bay projection containing 6-panelled door at left under large fanlight; a similar door in centre of right 3 bays; glazing bars of fanlights similar to those of windows; doors and window all have architraves, those of ground and first floors having cornices with bracketed pediments above ground 5th and first floor 2nd, 5th and 8th windows; bands, eaves cornice.
- Right return : similar windows; central Venetian double door having stilted fanlight, bracketed pediment to the window above; bands, eaves cornice.
- Left return; central door, under 3-pane oblong fanlight; mid C19 bay windows either side; bands at second floor level; eaves cornice.
- Hipped roof has 4 corniced ashlar stacks across ridges, 3 at rear.
- West wing has extensive cellars.
- Interior : cornices to hall and upper hall, dado and C19 balustrade to open well staircase.
- Room to left of entrance has ceiling decorated with stucco floral motifs, probably by the Rose family.
- Historical note : the manor became the property of the Ellison family in 1650.
- (Formerly 2 separate items: Ellison Hall Infirmary and St John's Vicarage).