Church Of Saint Nicholas
- St Nicholas Parish Church
- Hedworth Lane
- Boldon Colliery
- Tyne & Wear
- NE35 9JA
English Heritage ID: 303709
Risk: Not at risk
- Parish church.
- Ashlar; roof of flat tiles with tile-hung belfry at west end surmounted by small lead-covered spire.
- Nave and north aisle of 4 bays, chancel 2 bays, lady chapel on south side of chancel.
- Windows and arcades decorated.
- East window 5-light stained glass, west window 3-light, all others 2-light plain leaded glass.
- Built, some 20 years after the sinking of the shafts at the colliery, to serve the new community.