Entrance Lodge To Hebburn Cemetery
Hebburn Cemetery Lodge
Victoria Road West
Tyne & Wear
English Heritage ID: 303740
Risk: Not at risk
- GV II Lodge.
- 1890 by Frederick West of Hebburn for Hedworth, Monkton and Jarrow Burial Board.
- Snecked sandstone, ashlar quoins and plinth; roof of Welsh slate.
- L-plan with entrance porch in angle.
- Main elevation to street : 2 storeys, 3 bays, the third cross-gabled; ground floor has sash window, moulded parapet to porch containing boarded door and elliptical-headed fanlight in moulded surround, 3-light mullioned and transomed window in gabled bay.
- First floor : sash window partly in gabled dormer; double sash window in gable to street; all windows having chamfered surrounds.
- High-pitched roof has bands of fishscale slates; all gables have barge boards with finials; 2 tall stone corniced chimneys, at rear and on end return, the latter buttressed.
- Included for group considerations.