Adult Placement Scheme
The South Tyneside Adult Placement Scheme can provide long term placements, short breaks and emergency support to adults who have been assessed as needing them.
Individual support is provided in an approved carers home so that the person can live in a family surrounding.
Adult placement carers will aim to:
- Provide a safe and secure home that supports an individual's rights, independence, choice and inclusion
- Provide a comfortable homely environment
- Encourage the learning and development of skills whilst bearing in mind the risks
- Support in leisure activities and introducing new experiences
- Support and encourage 'get togethers' with family and friends
- Encourage involvement in and around the local community
Bookmark this page