Venue information and map
The Customs House is at the heart of South Tyneside's cultural activity, situated in a listed building in a beautiful location overlooking the River Tyne.
The venue houses a 440 seat theatre, cinema, art gallery, restaurant & bar plus community room.
With a program of live theatre events attracting the country's leading performers covering everything from drama to comedy, music and dance to pantomimes and plays - there's always an exciting range of entertainment on offer!
Movie lovers can benefit from great value offers whether they want to see the latest blockbuster or classic films from the archive.
Free entry to the Sandford Goudie Gallery will give you access to a diverse mix of art forms. Whether you like figurative or abstract painting, sculpture or installation art, every time you visit the Gallery there will be something exciting, inspiring and perhaps challenging for you to see.
For those looking for a spacious, comfortable environment to relax with a glass of wine before a performance or a bite to eat and a catch up cappuccino with friends, The Green Room Bar & Bistro provides the perfect setting.
The Customs House runs a membership scheme which gives members year-round savings and benefits, such as:
- Priority Booking for every new brochure
- A special Friends price on selected shows
- Two for one on all cinema tickets
- Two for one theatre tickets on selected shows
- 10% discount on food and beverage in the Green Room Bar & Bistro
- Free postage on tickets purchased from the Box Office
- Invitations to Gallery Openings and VIP preview evenings
- Regular Coffee mornings where you can meet fellow Friends and special guest speakers
Please visit their website for full details: Customs House
How to get there
Click on the pin below to get full directions to the venue.
Bookmark this page