Worried about an adult?
To report abuse you can do any of the following:
- If you suspect someone is being neglected or abused, or if you need help yourself, please contact South Tyneside's Initial Contact Team on 0845 130 4959. This is the main point of contact for all reports of abuse within the borough of South Tyneside. This may include residential settings (i.e. care homes, supported living etc.) or where services are being provided within people's own home.
- If you suspect abuse or harm has occurred within an NHS setting (i.e. hospital or health centre) please report to a member of staff or request to speak to the safeguarding manager.
- If you suspect a crime has been committed please also dial 101 to inform the police.
- Call 999 if you believe an emergency service is needed.
- You may also report your concerns to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on 03000 61 61 61 if your concern relates to a care organisation (i.e. care home, hospital or domiciliary care provider).
If you are an employee, student or volunteer providing health/social care to adults at risk you must:
- Report your concerns to your line manager
- If your concerns are about a co-worker you must follow your organisations whistle blowing policy.
Further advice/guidance can be sought from the Safeguarding Adults Unit on 0191 424 4049
Or visit Safeguarding Adults at Risk