Community Area Forum Social Scheme
The Community Area Forum (CAF) Social Scheme supports small-scale locally important social projects which contribute towards the aims, set out in the new South Tyneside Plan.
The budget for 2013/2014 is £254,000 which is divided between the five CAF areas with an allocation to the Chairs and Vice Chairs panel for groups with borough wide membership.
Local community and voluntary groups can apply for grant assistance for:
- Day trips
- Parties/special events
We have previously provided grant assistance for:
- Residents Associations
- Sports groups
- Sheltered housing Schemes
- Shared interest groups
Groups can apply for up to £1,000 for one off events and up to £5,000 for projects of a long term benefit.
Projects which are not eligible for social scheme grants are:
- New posts - Due to sustainability
- Religious or political activity
- Work that is a statutory responsibility of local or central government or legal responsibility of a statutory body
- Costs already incurred
- Funding for items which will be used or stored at property registered as a domestic dwelling
- Normal revenue running costs or organisations, such as wages and salary costs and other routine items
- Applications for shopping trips outside of South Tyneside
- Applications submitted by businesses
All grants awarded must be spent within South Tyneside.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for a grant, contact Angi Rimington, Community Resource Officer on 424 7576 or email email@example.com
or download the application form CAF Grant Application Form 2013/2014[pdf - 220kb] and guidance notes CAF Operating Procedures[pdf - 221kb]CAF Grant application form Helpful Notes[pdf - 124kb]
Bookmark this page