Consultation on our draft Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report, setting out the social, economic and environmental baseline and sustainability objectives for informing our new Local Plan, runs until Friday 29 November 2013:
- Appendix A: Stage A1 Review of Relevant Plans, Policies and Programmes[pdf - 1Mb]
- Appendix B: Stage A2 Baseline Information[pdf - 1Mb]
- Appendix C: Character Areas[pdf - 1Mb]
Please send any representations by e-mail to email@example.com
The Local Plan is our statutory development plan for the borough, and the implementation plan for the spatial vision and land-use related objectives ofThe South Tyneside Vision 2011-31[pdf - 1Mb]and its supportingShaping Our Future Strategy 2011-16[pdf - 2Mb].
Together with national planning policy and guidance, it sets out the spatial strategy and policies for the sustainable use of land and buildings in the borough, lays the foundations for regeneration and economic growth, and forms the basis for the assessment of all planning applications and other development proposals.
Our current Local Plan is our existing South Tyneside Local Development Framework (LDF).
Our Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) provides further information about how you can get involved, and how we will involve you, in the preparation of Local Plan documents and in the assessment of planning applications:
- Leaflet 1: Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)[pdf - 340kb]
- Leaflet 2: SCI - Influencing the Local Plan[pdf - 389kb]
- Leaflet 3: SCI - Getting Involved in Planning Applications[pdf - 456kb]
Local Plan outline and timetable
Local Development Scheme
We are now reviewing our LDF in the form of a new-style Local Plan (indicative structure and summary timetable for preparation, as at October 2013, subject to change):
- Strategic Policies development plan document - bringing together our LDF Core Strategy and Development Management Policies DPDs, plus strategic elements of our Area Action Plans; covering the loss of the Regional Spatial Strategy and the Government's thinning out of national planning policy; plus any strategic site allocations. This strategic-level DPD will also provide a clear context for any community-initiated neighbourhood planning.
- public consultation on initial key Issues and Options 25 February - 12 April 2013
- public consultation on draft Local Plan Strategic DPD circa Autumn/Winter 2014
- submission of draft Local Plan Strategic DPD to the Secretary of State circa 2015
- independent examination of draft Local Plan Strategic DPD circa 2015-16
- Local Plan Strategic DPD adoption circa 2016
- Site Allocations development plan document - bringing together all site allocations and land designations across the whole borough.
- prepared partly in parallel with the Strategic DPD above, with publication, submission and examination following circa 2015-18
- Local Plan Site Allocations DPD adoption circa 2017-19
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) - tariff-based charging schedule for requiring planning contributions from developers towards the (part-)funding of the provision and maintenance of necessary strategic and local infrastructure projects.
- public consultation on preliminary draft CIL charging schedule circa Spring/Summer 2014
- public consultation on revised draft CIL (incl. charging schedule) circa Autumn 2014
- independent examination of draft CIL charging schedule circa 2015
- Community Infrastructure Levy adoption circa 2015
Any community-initiated neighbourhood plans will also form part of the statutory development plan for those areas of the borough.
Supporting guidance in supplementary planning documents will be reviewed as necessary.
See our Local Plan documents
Bookmark this page