Warm up North
Save Energy. Save Money.
What is Warm Up North
Warm Up North helps you make energy efficiency improvements to your home at no up-front cost, the cost of the work is gradually paid off from the savings you make on your energy bills, some residents depending on circumstances, location and property type may qualify for free boilers and/or insulation or funding towards the costs.
Warm up North has something for everyone and has two distinct strands:-
The Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
The government's new Energy Company Obligation means that energy companies are required to install funded (subject to assessment) energy efficiency measures in the homes of eligible people. Below is a summary of the three ECO eligible groups and what is on offer from each:-
- Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation (HHCRO) also known as Affordable Warmth - provides heating and insulation improvements to owned and privately rented low income and vulnerable households. Personal eligibility criteria apply.
- Carbon Saving Community Obligation (CSCO) - provides insulation measures to all domestic energy users living in specific areas of low income or a rural area. Area eligibility criteria apply.
- Carbon Emissions Reduction Obligation (CERO) - provides funding to insulate 'hard to treat' solid-walled properties (internal and external wall insulation) and cavity walls. Detailed 'hard to treat' property based eligibility criteria apply. This can be used in conjunction with Green Deal.
The Green Deal
The Government finance for those who meet 'The Golden Rule'
For everyone else Green Deal is available, offering you the possibility to benefit from many different types of energy efficiency improvements. As long as the savings made over time exceeds the cost (The Golden Rule), all upfront costs can be absorbed into your energy bill, without increasing the amount you pay for your energy.
New heating, insulation and micro generation are just some of the measures available to help you save energy and money.
After making energy improvements your home could be more efficient, helping you save money whilst also helping the environment.
Warm up North can help by:
- Making your home warmer;
- Making sure you get more energy from your money;
- Improving the value and appearance of your property
Whether you are a North East resident wanting to improve your home, a local business wanting to get involved or if you just have a general enquiry please visit:
The scheme is initially a 5 year (2013-2018) initiative and is made up of a partnership of North East local authorities and British Gas supported by the Association of North East Council's and a range of other public sector partners.
The local authorities participating in the scheme are;-
- Darlington Borough Council
- Durham County Council
- Gateshead Council
- Hartlepool Borough Council
- Newcastle City Council
- Northumberland County Council
- Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
- South Tyneside Council
- Sunderland Council
Other Energy Efficiency Schemes
Please be aware that other organisations are promoting the Government's 'Green Deal' and ECO grant funding for central heating boilers and insulation and they may contact you to provide a similar service. Warm Up North is the only scheme approved by South Tyneside Council.
Bookmark this page