Housing & council tax
Council housing - find out how to get on the housing list and apply for council housing.
We offer different ways to make paying your rent as easy possible.
Request a repair or maintenance to your council home.
Council tax benefit is changing - find out how this may affect you.
- Make a claim
- Housing Benefit Size Criteria (Bedroom Tax)
- Who can claim?
- How much will I receive?
- Local Housing Allowance (LHA)
- Housing benefit and Council Tax support - change of address
- Discretionary housing payments
- Repay a housing benefit overpayment
- Information for landlords
- Change in circumstances
- Help with other housing costs
Grants for first time buyers, empty properties and energy efficiency.
Council housing in South Tyneside is managed by South Tyneside Homes.
A regional project to improve the energy efficiency of homes across the North East.
Help stop housing cheats. If you suspect someone of housing fraud, let us know.
Cleadon Park, Simonside Park, Boldon New Town, Hebburn New Town and School Street, Hebburn.