Do you want to know what information is held about you?
The Data Protection Act 1998 was created to ensure that the information we create and hold is processed in accordance with an individual rights.
The Act places a legal responsibility on the council to make sure that all data collected, obtained and processed receives the highest level of protection and is safeguarded from loss and unauthorised processing.
The Act provides you with certain rights:
- The right to know what information is being held about you
- The right to know what information is processed about you
- The right to know where the information came from and who accesses it
- The right to request access to your information
- The right to take action to block, rectify, erase or destroy inaccurate data
- The right to stop personal data being used for marketing purposes
Error whilst rendering inline with type ID 3 (Document Link Inline): Exception: 'System.ArgumentException', message '[Error: The media could not be found]'
Find out what information is held about you.
How to make a complaint.
Frequently asked questions about data protection.