The Mayor of South Tyneside is Councillor Eileen Leask who represents Horsley Hill ward in South Shields.
Councillor Leask was born and bred in South Shields and still lives in the childhood home where she was raised from the age of five.
She was first elected to the Council in June 2004 and served as Deputy Mayor in 2011.
The Mayor has chosen three main charities during her year of office:
- WHIST, Women's Health in South Tyneside
- MS Society, South Tyneside
- Diabetes UK, South Tyneside Volunteer Group
Make a donation
You can make a donation to the Mayor's Charity online using e-services:
Payments made using e-services are completely secure.
- 22 Feb 2012 Social Night To Boost Mayor's Charity
- 08 Mar 2011 Join Mayor For Civic Ball
- 13 Dec 2010 Business Leaders Boost Mayor's Charities
- 01 Dec 2010 Mayoress Says All Welcome For Charity Cuppa
Bookmark this page