Bulky waste collections
Large household items
If you have unwanted items that are too big or heavy to put in your bin, we can collect them from your home.
We can collect bulky items that you would normally take with you if you moved house, such as:
- Furniture (beds, wardrobes, sofas)
- White goods (fridges, freezers, washing machines)
- Electrical equipment (computers, hi-fis)
Collections cost £13.50 for up to 8 items.
If you need any help, or to arrange a collection by phone, call us on 0191 427 7000.
Putting out your items
- Please do not put your items out until the day they will be collected, as they may cause an obstruction
- Put items out before 7.30am
- Make sure access is available until 5pm
- Please do not overfill bags
- Items longer than 2 metres (6ft) may not be collected
- If you are putting your items in a back lane, please put your house number on the back door or wall
- Stack all items tidily in the same area
We will remove your old, unwanted items and recycle or dispose of them in an environmentally-friendly way that meets all legal requirements.
Recycling Village (tip)
Don't forget you can drop-off bulky items for free at the Recycling Village (tip).
Garden / building waste collections
Removals for other items such as garden waste, building rubble, doors, kitchen and bathroom units start from £38, call 0191 427 7000 for a quote.
Full clearances for home and businesses
We can arrange full or partial clearances of occupied or unoccupied properties. Confidential and professional service. Call 0191 427 7000 for a quote.
We can also offer light equipment and office transfers within the South Tyneside area. Call 0191 427 7000 for a quote.
Come to us for:
• a quality and trusted service
• competitive prices
• excellent local knowledge
• a service that meets your individual needs, and
• advice on environmental issues
Bookmark this page