Bulky waste collections
Large household items
If you have unwanted items that are too big or heavy to put in your bin, we can collect them from your home.
We can collect bulky items that you would normally take with you if you moved house, such as:
- Furniture (beds, wardrobes, sofas)
- White goods (fridges, freezers, washing machines)
- Electrical equipment (computers, hi-fis)
Collections cost £16.00 for up to 8 items.
If you need any help, or to arrange a collection by phone, call us on 0191 427 7000.
Putting out your items
- Please do not put your items out until the day they will be collected, as they may cause an obstruction
- Put items out before 7.30am, in the same place that you leave your refuse bin for collection
- Make sure access is available until 5pm
- Please do not overfill bags
- Items longer than 2 metres (6ft) may not be collected
- If you are putting your items in a back lane, please put your house number on the back door or wall
- Stack all items tidily in the same area
We will remove your old, unwanted items and recycle or dispose of them in an environmentally-friendly way that meets all legal requirements.
Recycling Village (tip)
Don't forget you can drop-off bulky items for free at the Recycling Village (tip).
House/ garden/ business clearance
If you have more than 8 items that you wish to be collected, our house clearance service might be more suited to you.
For more information about our house, garden and business clearance service, visit our House clearances page.
Come to us for:
- a quality and trusted service
- competitive prices
- excellent local knowledge
- a service that meets your individual needs, and
- advice on environmental issues
Which areas do we cover?
We will collect items from across South Tyneside including the towns of South Shields, Hebburn and Jarrow and the villages of Boldon, Cleadon and Whitburn.
Bookmark this page