South Shields Town Hall
|Monday - Thursday||8.30am - 5pm|
|Friday||8.30am - 4.30pm|
Customer Service Centre
The new one-stop centre in South Shields Town Hall offers access to a wide range of services, including:
- Area planning
- Asset management
- Building control
- Council tax
- Education, including school meals
- Electoral registration
- Environmental health
- Housing benefit
- Housing estate management
- Housing tenancy management
- Housing Your Choice lettings
- Housing advice and repairs
- Legal Services
- NNDR (business rates)
- Planning and housing futures
- Road safety
- Trading standards and licensing
From Durham and the South, A1 (Northbound)
- Head north on A1(M) and then turn off onto A194 (M) - signposted South Shields.
- At White Mare Pool Roundabout, take the second exit onto A194, heading towards South Shields.
- Follow the A194 into South Shields and then follow signs for the town centre. The Town Hall is ahead.
From Teesside (A19 Northbound)
- Head north on A19 and take slip road for A194 - signposted South Shields.
- At roundabout take the third exit onto A194 (Leam Lane/ Newcastle Road) towards South Shields.
- Continue on A194 into South Shields and follow signs for the town centre. The Town Hall is ahead.
From Tyne Tunnel (A19 Southbound)
- Follow A19 southbound and go through the Tyne Tunnel.
- At the roundabout (after the Tyne Tunnel) take the second exit onto A185 signposted
- At the next roundabout, take the first exit onto A194 (Jarrow Road).
- Continue on A194 (into South Shields) and follow signs for the town centre. The Town Hall is ahead.
From Gateshead and the West, A184
- Continue on A184 (felling bypass) and turn onto A194 signposted South Shields.
- Continue to take A194 into South Shields and then follow signs for the town centre. The Town Hall is immediately ahead.
From Sunderland, A1018
- From Sunderland head northbound on A1018 (Newcastle Road).
- At the roundabout, take the third exit onto A1018 (Shields Road).
- Continue to follow A1018 into South Shields. Follow signs for town centre. The Town Hall is on the right.
The Metro provides a fast and frequent service in and around Tyne and Wear. The Town Hall is located a 10 minute walk from South Shields Metro station.
Kepple Street bus station is approximately 10 minutes walk from the Town Hall. This bus station serves routes to Gateshead, Newcastle and Sunderland with many buses stopping outside the Town Hall.
Stagecoach and Go North East bus operators serving the borough sell discounted return tickets. For more information about tickets or route maps, either contact Traveline or visit the Nexus TravelShop at 34 to 36 Fowler Street, South Shields.